Creating an effective content strategy is key to the success of a brand’s digital marketing. To get it right you need to understand how consumers share information so you can create the right content. You should know where consumers are sharing digital information and via which devices, what kind of content they share and which devices generate the most shares.
So how does sharing content on a mobile versus a desktop stack up? Read this recent research by ShareThis to discover five facts on content sharing:
1. Consumers are nearly twice as likely to share social media content on a mobile device than on a desktop.
2. The iPhone is the most social device, as consumers are 3 times as likely to share on an iPhone versus a desktop.
3. The content shared on mobile devices is dominated by Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, so think about how you are using these social media channels.
4. iPhone users share more on Facebook, whereas iPad users share more on Pinterest.
5. The majority of email sharing happens on a desktop.
So now you can see how consumers are sharing content, it’s time to check your content strategy and make sure it’s informed to get results. If you want to increase your knowledge about content strategy further, contact DuckMedia today.